Armed With Science Twitter
- The @USNavy is now laser-mounted and ready to go! http://t.co/0s8ULGj0gt #lasers #sot http://t.co/y5Z47imlUU about 17 hours ago from TweetDeck
- And the winners of the @whitewhouseostp #3D Printed Ornament Challenge are… http://t.co/9Hhcf7tufJ http://t.co/wIO5ZL0X4r 01:40:14 PM December 18, 2014 from TweetDeck
- This @DARPA artificial spleen prototype uses magnetic micro-sized beads to filter out toxins! http://t.co/Ts7Y7Im9Ng http://t.co/lhQHkwcIgZ 01:41:08 PM December 17, 2014 from TweetDeck
- The @usnavyresearch wins an award for their clever, cost saving canopies! #sot http://t.co/IXN9yO2INH http://t.co/J4wBgy8eTj 01:35:10 PM December 16, 2014 from TweetDeck
- Dr. Vernon uses cutting-edge, product-driven research to help #veterans #MeetTheScientists http://t.co/2p0T1KCjgI http://t.co/XX4P6maIAF 01:25:15 PM December 15, 2014 from TweetDeck
Tag Archives: Star Trek
What do a tennis ball + cooked spaghetti have to do with nanoparticles? Dr. Richard Vaia explains in today’s Meet the Scientists.
Meet the Scientists: Dr. John Carr is part of a team to discover rare evidence of a forming planet around a baby star! Right before our telescope-assisted infrared spectroscopic eyes!
Meet the Scientists: Dr. Jeff Long is using nanostructured materials to help power the military. Good power comes in very, very small packages.
Robots utilize their advanced sensing and reasoning capabilities to further their agenda in this episode of Robot Secrets Revealed (a Naval Research Lab production).
OFF THE WIRE: The DARPA Robotics Challenge is putting these robots to the ultimate test. Will they be able to go the (literal and figurative) distance?
Prepare for the era of laser weapons – In the wake of the laser being put on the USS Ponce this summer, ONR is developing a similar weapon to be used on ground vehicles.
So long blood tests? The Air Force Research Laboratory’s wearable biosensor bandage can detect vital signs, dehydration and more!