Armed with Science Twitter
- See how one researcher from @NatickSRDEC is keeping #soldiers healthy using Turkey - https://t.co/oNwYbyKqoq https://t.co/ePV1pLc3gl 10:11:08 AM November 27, 2015
- RT @NASA: Monster deal this #BlackFriday - See a monster black hole artistic pic at: https://t.co/w0CG2NU8WI #BlackHoleFriday https://t.co/… 09:04:51 AM November 27, 2015
- .@NASA is developing #technology to stop wildfires from #space - https://t.co/mOwufTde3A https://t.co/zEZZrR4BZJ 01:53:00 PM November 23, 2015
- RT @StationCDRKelly: Day 240. Nighttime falls softly over #CostaDelSol and #FrenchRiviera. #GoodNight from @space_station! #YearInSpace htt… 12:13:43 PM November 23, 2015
- RT @astro_kjell: #GoodMorning. Our magnificent blue spaceship... https://t.co/OgloDfQLXF 09:55:10 AM November 20, 2015
Tag Archives: NOAA
Looks like a photo, right? It is – from a satellite one million miles away. Find out how NASA’s EPIC camera got such a unique vantage point.
A new tool could measure a coronal mass ejection’s impact a full day in advance.
People who watch the sky for a living are working to oversee the operation of America’s weather satellite constellation.
The Naval Research Lab has entered into an agreement with NOAA that uses Navy-developed global ocean forecast model technology to make environmental ocean forecasts for public use.
Even our sea-worthy maps are going digital these days. For more than 150 years, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, has been charting America’s coastal and inland waters for the seafaring type. Starting in April of 2014, NOAA …
An article that recently appeared in the New York Times discussed a project led by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to analyze and map underwater sounds in the ocean and determine the locations and densities of marine mammals. The U.S. Navy is a key contributor to this effort, …
Remote sensing technologies on airborne scientific missions have added new depth and dimension to scientific observation. Yet they come at a cost – literally. Flying data-gathering missions for scientists, land managers, and hazard-mitigation agencies can cost upward of $30,000 an …
With the Atlantic hurricane season officially beginning this month, the Office of Naval Research (ONR) is pursuing a number of projects to help Navy forecasters and meteorologists around the world predict storms better. “Weather is one of the most significant factors affecting …