Armed With Science Twitter
- This #SaturdaySpaceSight shows us some intense space weather #spacephotos http://t.co/HCZAr4FvRv #MightySUN http://t.co/zATELirwYF about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck
- The LA #AirForce replaces its general-purpose fleet with electric vehicles! #goinggreen http://t.co/H0yr1Xe87L http://t.co/GK26kCwjhY 01:29:01 PM November 21, 2014 from TweetDeck
- @DARPA Whoops. We think a "k" may have gotten lost there... 11:30:29 AM November 21, 2014 from TweetDeck in reply to DARPA
- Got a #biotech idea? @DARPA has $700k in seedling funding you could get your hands on: http://t.co/a80miIwUbX http://t.co/RnYvtKh8AR 11:29:56 AM November 21, 2014 from TweetDeck
- @rmilesb @DARPA @Marvel We've been trying to get Stark on the payroll for years! So far no luck. 10:01:19 AM November 20, 2014 from TweetDeck in reply to rmilesb
Astronauts on the International Space Station are getting a super cool 3-D printer, the first ever to be flown in space!
Saturday Space Sight: Located in the constellation of Perseus, this star is in the early stages of its life and is still forming into a fully-grown star.
Adam Thurn, NRL Aerospace Engineer, has invented a nichrome burn wire mechanism for these CubeSats, as they’re called, to deploy something once in orbit.
Saturday Space Sight: NASA’s Pluto-bound New Horizons is en route to becoming the first probe to make a close encounter with distant Pluto!
Engineers from AFRL completed a program that significantly improves the manufacturing readiness level of advanced Gallium Nitride GaN Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits.
Under the Air Force’s High-Stare program, Focal Plane Arrays (FPAs) were developed and
manufactured to detect infrared radiation for enhanced missile launch detection.
The pale rocks in this photo from NASA’s Curiosity Mars rover include the “Bonanza King” target under consideration to become the fourth rock drilled by the Mars Science Laboratory mission.
The next rover NASA will send to Mars in 2020 will carry seven carefully-selected instruments to conduct unprecedented science and exploration technology investigations on the Red Planet.