Armed with Science Twitter
- .@NASA is developing #technology to stop wildfires from #space - https://t.co/mOwufTde3A https://t.co/zEZZrR4BZJ 01:53:00 PM November 23, 2015
- RT @StationCDRKelly: Day 240. Nighttime falls softly over #CostaDelSol and #FrenchRiviera. #GoodNight from @space_station! #YearInSpace htt… 12:13:43 PM November 23, 2015
- RT @astro_kjell: #GoodMorning. Our magnificent blue spaceship... https://t.co/OgloDfQLXF 09:55:10 AM November 20, 2015
- .@ArmyResearchLab is testing concept #UAV's that fly like a bird called the Robo-Raven https://t.co/JURKkak0rk https://t.co/Im3hMwdM6r 10:37:24 AM November 19, 2015
- RT @NASA: 2 active regions on the sun sported coils of bundled, magnetic loops over 16 hrs Nov 11-12: https://t.co/2omfnVJCQB https://t.co/… 09:08:20 AM November 18, 2015
CERDEC is working to create smaller, lighter, energy-dense power sources that are more efficient and will allow soldiers to go longer between energy resupply.
The Fuel Efficient Ground Vehicle Demonstrator, also known as the Fed Alpha, is a lightweight aluminum chassis designed to accomplish all the missions of a Humvee, only it’s 70% more fuel efficient.
The Command, Power and Integration Directorate is all about the POWER. Where we get it, how we use it, and how the military is inventing ways to make it all better.
Government scientists at the Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory have devised a way to turn algae into crude oil in less than an HOUR.
As electrons move, they dissipate heat, reducing the distance a signal can travel. DARPA-sponsored researchers may have found a potential way around this fundamental problem.
U.S. Air Force Base Expeditionary Airfield Resources rely heavily on fossil fuels. Air Force researchers are looking for alternatives to help reduce demand.
An innovative Office of Naval Research (ONR) program is looking to Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard veterans for the cutting edge in alternative energy.