Armed with Science Twitter
- .@NASA is developing #technology to stop wildfires from #space - https://t.co/mOwufTde3A https://t.co/zEZZrR4BZJ 01:53:00 PM November 23, 2015
- RT @StationCDRKelly: Day 240. Nighttime falls softly over #CostaDelSol and #FrenchRiviera. #GoodNight from @space_station! #YearInSpace htt… 12:13:43 PM November 23, 2015
- RT @astro_kjell: #GoodMorning. Our magnificent blue spaceship... https://t.co/OgloDfQLXF 09:55:10 AM November 20, 2015
- .@ArmyResearchLab is testing concept #UAV's that fly like a bird called the Robo-Raven https://t.co/JURKkak0rk https://t.co/Im3hMwdM6r 10:37:24 AM November 19, 2015
- RT @NASA: 2 active regions on the sun sported coils of bundled, magnetic loops over 16 hrs Nov 11-12: https://t.co/2omfnVJCQB https://t.co/… 09:08:20 AM November 18, 2015
Education & Culture
In the future, it’s possible that some unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs, might sport wings that flap like a bird or a butterfly. The ARL is testing that concept.
Deputy Secretary Bob Work describes the five technology building blocks that underpin what he calls the Third Offset Strategy.
Dept. of the Navy and the Office of Naval Research launched the Naval Enterprise Partnership Teaming with Universities for National Excellence initiative, or NEPTUNE.
AFRL is paving the way for a new class of innovative military & commercial tools through the establishment of the Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing Innovation Institute.
NASA is accepting applications from grad and undergrad students to fly their science and technology experiments to the edge of space on a scientific balloon mission.
U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory’s Environmental Technology Program and Coating Technology Integration Office are playing a critical role in the discovery of environmentally-safer inorganic coatings solutions for protecting and extending the life of aluminum landing gear.
While college student Ben Burke’s internship at the army Research Laboratory has ended, his project continues to develop.
Scientists at the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) are partnering with local schools to provide high school and college students with hands-on experience.