Armed with Science Twitter
- RT @NASA: Congrats Casey Davis! Your photo was voted as the winner of our #SuperBloodMoon photo contest: http://t.co/qICUhV5tkC http://t.co… 01:12:33 PM October 02, 2015
- .@USNavyResearch Delivers New Research Vessel to Oceanographic Institution - http://t.co/cMqw7OgIY5 http://t.co/8QY2Qkj5Yl 01:08:17 PM October 01, 2015
- .@NavyMedicine has a new approach to help understand the underlying mechanisms behind #TBI - http://t.co/b24bj0HHhF http://t.co/42TSnHHprw 01:24:22 PM September 29, 2015
- First the #BloodMoonEclipse and now water on #Mars. What a great 24 hours! Space lovers unite! #MarsAnnouncement http://t.co/YLNjLgNnNn 01:13:06 PM September 28, 2015
- RT @NASA: Tweetchat: Water on Mars! Question about our new discovery? Use #askNASA now http://t.co/0MW11SANwL #MarsAnnouncement http://t.co… 12:42:22 PM September 28, 2015
Synthetic biologist Jeff Tabor is working with the Navy create an edible probiotic bacterium that can help protect sailors and marines from obesity and depression!
Made up of synthetic bones and soft tissue, the GelMan surrogates help NRL scientists understand how helmets and armor protect our real heroes in uniform.
Killer whales and other marine mammals likely hear sonar signals more than we’ve known. Which is interesting news, since the Navy uses sonar for many missions!
Government scientists are highlighting two methods to increase the utility of single domain antibodies by studying the heavy chain antibodies found in camels and llamas.
Military medical research laboratory scientists demonstrated the effectiveness of a small-molecule drug in protecting nonhuman primates from the lethal Marburg virus.
Using geographic information system modeling, Air Force Capt. Jameson Voss, MD, found obesity was less common at high altitude.
So long blood tests? The Air Force Research Laboratory’s wearable biosensor bandage can detect vital signs, dehydration and more!
Recent ONR research invites comparisons to a “sixth sense” or Spiderman, but what researchers hope to learn has nothing to do with the supernatural or superheroes, but something much greater.