Last month, Sumit Agarwal, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) for Outreach and Social Media, took part in Reddit.com’s “Ask Me Anything” interview series. The interviews feature a public figure and give them an opportunity to answer the top ten questions from the Reddit.com community.
You can watch Mr. Agarwal’s full response in the video above, or you can select from the individual questions below:
3. robotsongs: With the increasing prevalence of the Internet in providing communication, a news medium and organizational tools, why is Net Neutrality not being championed by this administration as a First Amendment right? Watch Response
4. Odusei: One of the President’s bullet points on the campaign trail was a more open and transparent government. Do you feel that Wikileaks is holding the administration to that promise? Watch Response
7. TheOneGaffer: How is the DoD [Department of Defense] working to reach out to the under-18 crowd to ensure the long-term ability of the United States to operate without being seen as a ‘bully’ or ‘threat’ to others? Watch Response
8. immerc: Is it possible for the US Defense Department to use blogs, social networking, and similar tools to convince a jaded public that what the US military is doing is honorable, effective and necessary, without resorting to jingoism or straw-man caricatures? Watch Response
9. alexhancock: What lasting impact (if any) do you feel the culture of posting personal information online on sites such as Facebook and Twitter will have on the future security of America and that of its citizens? Watch Response